Sunday, December 10, 2006

Poetry Interpretation


"I never thought that I would see myself on stage in front of many people while doing my piece on the poetry interpretation contest".
I was asked by our College secretary to represent our College on the poetry interpretation contest. Actually, I didn’t want to join the contest because I don’t have enough courage to join into such competition. Since, I need some points to earn 10 points in my extra-curricular activities I already grabbed the chance. Otherwise, it was also a big opportunity for me in order to prove to others that mass communication students are talented. Apparently, it was the first time that I would perform on stage alone. Unlike before in our play Romeo and Juliet when I played the role of the Duchess, I was performing with all the casts. At first, I was having my second thought because by the time that I’ll be on stage my nerves would burst out through my veins. However, i still tried conquering my fear on stage. Suddenly, i realized that there's nothing wrong in trying as long as i'm being confident on myself.On the day of the competition, i really got nervous whether i could perform it well or the other contestant might do it better than me. However, I kept in mind that I must need to concentrate and be optimistic on the outcome. Apparently, the funny thing was i was the first contestant to perform my piece on the poetry interpretation. When it was my turn already I was trying to calm myself but I was still shaking. When I started performing in the middle of my piece I stopped for a few seconds as i forgot the next line of the poem. Afterwards, i went on with my piece when i remembered the line. Gradually I ended the last line of the poem confidently. Subsequently, after the poetry category i went out before the program ends and didn't wait for the announcement of the winners.


Unfortunately, i didn't win on the competition but there were no regrets of joining the competition. At least I have proven something to myself that I could conquer my fear and could perform confidently.

No comments: