Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Broadcasting vs. Journalism


Which of these fields do I fit in??? If I would choose from the three fields I would want to be a broadcaster in the near future. I did say so, because ever since I was in elementary I already dreamed of becoming a news anchor in front of the television. I really want to appear on television for I was enticed by the well-known broadcasters here in our country. I guess broadcasting is where I fit in for unlike journalism I don’t see myself writing articles in a newspaper. It seems that I don’t have the passion when it comes to writing for you have to consider a lot of rules. Somehow, I can write when I’m in the mood the only problem is the readers have to check my grammar for I have so many errors in writing. Probably, in writing I get low scores for sometimes I have problems in grammar and even in the content of a certain article. I used to laugh at it when my work is not that good. Although I admit that in the field of broadcasting writing is also part of it and especially I have to be fluent in English to be more flexible in terms of language proficiency. Otherwise, I may not be a credible reporter but it would help if I would practice myself talking in English and ready myself for every consequence I might encounter. On the other hand when I took mass communication my mother was not in favor for she wants me to take up nursing. Unfortunately, never did I see myself working in a hospital for I know I was born to be a news anchor. In fact my mother said that that’s why I took mass communication it’s because I idolize my cousin for she was finished in the same course in which I strongly defended. Indeed, I know in myself that ever since all I want for myself is to be seen on television reporting and serving to bring news to the public. Eventually, I would prove to them that I would achieve my goal as a successful newscaster in our country.

No comments: